Monday, July 27, 2009

Adult Swim

No one is a fan of swimsuit shopping. It's pretty much the only retail experience I dread. So I hadn't bought a single bathing suit since before I moved to Little Rock in 2003. But we're heading to the beach this weekend, so it seemed like the right time to make a purchase.

A friend mentioned that Barbara Graves Intimate Fashions had some good sales last week, so I decided to stop by after work. It was the right call. I always enjoy browsing there. It's like the anti-Victoria's Secret. No teenagers flitting around with thongs and low-rise boy shorts slung over their arms. No obnoxious scents that overwhelm you on entering.

And it turns out that Barbara Graves has a nice selection of swim apparel, most of which is discounted right now, starting at between 20-30 percent off.

There were plenty of styles that were flattering and modern without giving it all away. Plus, there were several fun tops and dresses included in the sale merchandise. I even picked up a Ralph Lauren nightgown that will double as a great beach cover-up for $20. It was originally $63.

I walked into Barbara Graves at 5:25 p.m. and made my exit five minutes before they closed at 6 with two new swimsuits, and the total came in under budget. How refreshing. Now it's time for a swim.

No comments: