Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bad Hair Day

I have a love-hate relationship with hair dryers. They are essential for me to look remotely acceptable for work. Yet I've had two nice ones break since January. It happened again on Saturday, so I trudged to Target and was unimpressed with the selection. Most of them were the same brand that had just disappointed me: Revlon. I settled on a $20 Conair with a small diffuser, but wasn't happy with the purchase.

Then on Sunday I made a quick stop at Drug Emporium (corner of Reservoir and Rodney Parham), and realized that's where I should have headed for my new hair dryer. Drug Emporium has a full aisle of them -- every brand, type and heat-setting you can fathom. Mostly for the same prices as Target, but definitely a better selection. There's a bunch of nice curling irons and straighteners and curler sets, too. 

I've been buying my shampoo at Drug Emporium for at least a year. They sell all the designer salon brands (Aveda, Bumble & Bumble, Bed Head, etc.) for a couple bucks less than you'll pay elsewhere. And the selection is pretty incredible. They sell the typical drug store brand hair products, too. On these, there's at least double the amount you'll find at most of the local big box stores.

Be warned that Drug Emporium doesn't take credit cards, though. Since they don't have to pay the credit card fees back to the companies, they pass the savings back to customers by making everything a tad cheaper. Feel free to use your debit card there, though. 

No comments: